Sunday, July 12, 2009

Brundage Mountain Run

Brundage Mountain Ski Resort in McCall Idaho :) !!!
Joe and I both signed up to run the Brundage Mountain Run in McCall on Saturday morning (we camped the night before, but those pictures are on the next post, sorry everything's all mixed up.) anyway, we ended up not having someone with us to watch the kids, so Joe offered to watch them while I ran, since he has already run a marathon this year. So here I am before the race, all excited and nervous and wondering what it will be like.
It was really strange because when I went to register I found out that there were going to be like 30 runners total! How strange, because this is like the 18th year they've been doing this run. Hmm. I guess because this run is part of a Mountain Biking marathon weekend, and the run just kind of starts off all the biking competitions. There were a lot of bikers around, and that was fun to watch too. But, I was a little worried about running with so few people. I don't know why, I guess I was just wanting to blend in on my first race and all, ya know?
So here I am after the 8 mile mountain run. There was a ton of crazy uphill and downhill and I seriously thought I wasn't going to make it, after crossing the halfway station my body was so tired I worried that I would just fall down and not be able to get up. But I pushed myself HARD! I have never pushed myself that hard in my life, I ran as hard as I could the whole time. On the downhill I just flew down it and on some of the uphill I was like crawling up because I couldn't hardly move, but it was amazing. I think the fact that I do lunges every morning in my regular workouts really helped me on all the uphill. And when I crossed the finish line I was the FIRST PLACE WOMAN and FOURTH PLACE OVERALL! I totally couldn't believe it. I got my first place "prize bag" below, and a medal neclace thing, it's really cool! It was so dang fun, and the kids and Joe cheered like mad, it was awesome!




4 comments:

Shirley said...

Geeze my sister is cool!

HBond) said...

Gosh,I almost started crying when I read this. I can just picture you running your heart out and your cute family cheering you on... so proud!

robfamilyblog said...

awe. . .shucks :)

Kerrie said...

You are amazing!! All I can say is...WOW, you rock!