really I wanted to post because I read Steph's "crazy mess" day and I think every kid goes through that stage where you can't even turn around without some explosion going on. So. . . here's what you have to look forward to. . .after you spend every dime you don't own on a house and your kids are in the bathroom. Let's say your oldest daughter is in the tub, your baby is walking around in a diaper waiting to get in, and you decide to try to fix your sons haircut that you botched the other day. So your brain seems to float out into space while you stand feet away from the tub and your daughter and baby, and you fix your sons haircut. with me so far? Eventually, the haircut looks tons better and as your brain ascends back to earth, you glance over at the tub. . . and the floor below the tub. . . and the floor below your son. . . and the floor below your feet, all of which are covered in water! Not just wet, mind you, but COVERED!!! Like splashing around, buckets and pails covered!!! Did I mention this bathroom is UPSTAIRS!!! So while you freak out completely and throw every towel you own on the ground to sop up the water, you wonder how in hades you didn't realize what was going on. quick break - here's how it happened. Tyler would grab a towel or clothes from the floor and throw them into the tub with Kenzie, she would throw them back out without ringing them and thus dump buckets of water out with the clothes- repeat that like 20 times. - okay, so you get the water cleaned up, kids washed and clothed. They go to the neighbors to play and you decide to take your baby on a walk. As you go through the kitchen and into the garage, you notice a puddle on the floor and wonder how the kids had time to spill something. Then you brain comes crashing back yet again and you about pass out as you realize that it's dripping from the ceiling. Freaking out yet again, you throw your last towel down and stand on the table to investigate the leak. sigh. that's the story for the most part. As it is, there isn't a lot of damage and our ceiling didn't come crashing down. My life is still great and my kids still wonderful. My next goal is to get through something like that WITHOUT freaking out.Friday, July 18, 2008
this is an old picture, but one of my most favorite times. You know, of all the million trips to the park, it's funny how some are so memorable and nostalgic. Braden is such an amazing kid, but man, when he's angry. . . I still don't know what to do to calm the storm. Just pray for help and wait it out. hmm. But...
really I wanted to post because I read Steph's "crazy mess" day and I think every kid goes through that stage where you can't even turn around without some explosion going on. So. . . here's what you have to look forward to. . .after you spend every dime you don't own on a house and your kids are in the bathroom. Let's say your oldest daughter is in the tub, your baby is walking around in a diaper waiting to get in, and you decide to try to fix your sons haircut that you botched the other day. So your brain seems to float out into space while you stand feet away from the tub and your daughter and baby, and you fix your sons haircut. with me so far? Eventually, the haircut looks tons better and as your brain ascends back to earth, you glance over at the tub. . . and the floor below the tub. . . and the floor below your son. . . and the floor below your feet, all of which are covered in water! Not just wet, mind you, but COVERED!!! Like splashing around, buckets and pails covered!!! Did I mention this bathroom is UPSTAIRS!!! So while you freak out completely and throw every towel you own on the ground to sop up the water, you wonder how in hades you didn't realize what was going on. quick break - here's how it happened. Tyler would grab a towel or clothes from the floor and throw them into the tub with Kenzie, she would throw them back out without ringing them and thus dump buckets of water out with the clothes- repeat that like 20 times. - okay, so you get the water cleaned up, kids washed and clothed. They go to the neighbors to play and you decide to take your baby on a walk. As you go through the kitchen and into the garage, you notice a puddle on the floor and wonder how the kids had time to spill something. Then you brain comes crashing back yet again and you about pass out as you realize that it's dripping from the ceiling. Freaking out yet again, you throw your last towel down and stand on the table to investigate the leak. sigh. that's the story for the most part. As it is, there isn't a lot of damage and our ceiling didn't come crashing down. My life is still great and my kids still wonderful. My next goal is to get through something like that WITHOUT freaking out.
really I wanted to post because I read Steph's "crazy mess" day and I think every kid goes through that stage where you can't even turn around without some explosion going on. So. . . here's what you have to look forward to. . .after you spend every dime you don't own on a house and your kids are in the bathroom. Let's say your oldest daughter is in the tub, your baby is walking around in a diaper waiting to get in, and you decide to try to fix your sons haircut that you botched the other day. So your brain seems to float out into space while you stand feet away from the tub and your daughter and baby, and you fix your sons haircut. with me so far? Eventually, the haircut looks tons better and as your brain ascends back to earth, you glance over at the tub. . . and the floor below the tub. . . and the floor below your son. . . and the floor below your feet, all of which are covered in water! Not just wet, mind you, but COVERED!!! Like splashing around, buckets and pails covered!!! Did I mention this bathroom is UPSTAIRS!!! So while you freak out completely and throw every towel you own on the ground to sop up the water, you wonder how in hades you didn't realize what was going on. quick break - here's how it happened. Tyler would grab a towel or clothes from the floor and throw them into the tub with Kenzie, she would throw them back out without ringing them and thus dump buckets of water out with the clothes- repeat that like 20 times. - okay, so you get the water cleaned up, kids washed and clothed. They go to the neighbors to play and you decide to take your baby on a walk. As you go through the kitchen and into the garage, you notice a puddle on the floor and wonder how the kids had time to spill something. Then you brain comes crashing back yet again and you about pass out as you realize that it's dripping from the ceiling. Freaking out yet again, you throw your last towel down and stand on the table to investigate the leak. sigh. that's the story for the most part. As it is, there isn't a lot of damage and our ceiling didn't come crashing down. My life is still great and my kids still wonderful. My next goal is to get through something like that WITHOUT freaking out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay first, way too steep of a goal! I pretty much guarantee that I will ALWAYS freak out with things like that! Second, I'm so glad you space out like that too - like your brain just needs a little alone time, so by golly it takes one! Mine likes to be alone a lot. ;)
Ahhhh, memories. You're both chips off the old block, that's for sure. I love the guitar picture. You look like you actually know what you're doing.
I always seem to freak out whenever the kids make a huge mess from the bathtub. I just don't want to deal with water damage. It's good it's not bad.
About 2 weeks ago the kids dumped about 40 water bottles on Nathan and David's carpet. I freaked out and the kids all left the room. I decided I needed a cup to scrape the water up and when I went into the kitchen I noticed Anna had dumped out an entire box of Honey Nut Cheerios on the floor. I freaked out again and told them all the evil children had to go outside. I locked them out until I got the carpet mopped up. I've figured out though. The kids are actually double agents. It's the only explanation.
I meant to say I figured it out though.
Post a Comment