Thursday, December 04, 2008

HAPPINESS CAN SPREAD LIKE THE FLU




LOVED THIS!! One of the Washington Post headlines was an article titled "Happiness can spread like the flu." Here's a little bit of what they had to say about it. Just makes me smile thinking about happy people :)

One person's happiness can affect another's for as much as a year, the researchers found, and while unhappiness can also spread from person to person, the "infectiousness" of that emotion appears to be far weaker.
Previous studies have documented the common experience that one person's emotions can influence another's -- laughter can trigger guffaws in others; seeing someone smile can momentarily lift one's spirits. But the new study is the first to find that happiness can spread across groups for an extended period.


so smile, be happy!!
and you can
change the world:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I think I used to be one of those happy people. At least, I remember people always telling me that I was so happy. Now it's my turn to suck happiness from you other perma-happys. ;)