Saturday, November 08, 2008



I haven't posted, I have started numerous times, but each time I started I realized I had to take some time to "chill", and last time all I managed to get out was WOW. that was the day after the elections, and hillarious enough, Shirley's comment proves she knew exactly what I was talking about. sorry but I am shocked, mad, and hopeful all at the same time. How is that possible? well, let me explain. Obama is president, and he is a great and inspiring speaker. With one word that pretty much ran his campaign and won him the presidency. CHANGE. Brilliant. Of course he will win. We live in a war weary country where politicians have outspent themselves and change, any change, no matter what your policies, who cares what your associations are or what kind of change you're talking about, we'll take you. . . any change sounds good. Most people just heard that one word and they were sold. I have been going through things in my tired head for quite a few days and I have come to think that the world might be a better place for having Obama as president of the United States. . . because he is African American. Maybe he can unite this country in a way that has never been possible before. that is my one hope. I have not heard any single policy that he has proposed that has brought me hope, but maybe he can unite the country. maybe that will be more important than policy right now. maybe maybe maybe. but sorry, I still feel like the country voted for a pop star with a nice face. Sorry if this offended anyone, but really I would be more than happy to be proven wrong. I hope he is the most wonderful president this country has ever seen. I love the United States and feel so blessed to have been born here. And no matter who is serving this country, I always pray for our leaders. cheers. here's to our future.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Very well said. I totally agree.

Mel and Carolyn said...

Very nice commentary. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Anonymous said...

Amen sista! I'm so sick of everyone I know being happy out of their minds for President Obama. Steve says he's only happy for one reason - that destroying our world more will only bring on the second coming a little sooner. ;) He's not very optimistic about any of our political leaders. Here's for hoping though... maybe Obama will be the greatest ever.