Friday, June 06, 2008

THANKS SKATER GUY so, got a compliment from an unlikely source yesterday. I was walking back to my car from Braden's preschool pool party and I was pushing Tyler in the stroller and Braden and Kenzie were following along. Our car was parked right next to a skate park, and since it's officially summer break the park was packed with guys on skateboards, roller blades, and bikes (not a single girl, which makes me want to start skateboarding to even the odds - Joe would roll his eyes at that). . .
I opened the door for Kenzie and Braden to get in, and then pushed the stroller around to the other side to put Tyler in his carseat, and one of the skaters said "Are those ALL your kids?." Kind of sounding like I had ten little munchkins piling in my car or something. I imediately felt a little annoyed because I thought I knew what he meant and I was frustrated that everyone now adays seems to think a two kid family is gargantuan. I just kind of laughed and said, "ya, they're ALL my kids." His reply was "man, you never see a GORGEOUS woman walking around with three kids!" I rolled my eyes "psha, right." was my genius responce, but then he said "no, really, I'm serious." Then I just kind of stopped and stared at him and said "oh, well thanks!" After that he just went back to his skating and waved at me as I drove off. Totally caught me off guard. I smiled all the way home.
Joe's reply to this story was "So you never believed me huh?" with a smile and a wink. And I'm glad that I have a husband that tells me these things all the time. So maybe I still don't believe him, but it was sure nice to hear from such an unlikely source.
.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Seemed like he really wanted to get his point across too. ;) I don't blame him, you're definitely one hot mama. :)

Lisa and Rob said...

That would make me feel good to. Of course, it's never happened to me. Probably because by the time I'm pilling my kids into the car I probably don't look very nice. You are an awesome mom! Love ya!

Lisa and Rob said...

I meant to type Piling my kids in the car. I try not to drug my kids whenever possible.

Michelle said...

That was really neat for him to be so nice. It doesn't surprise me though. You are beautiful.

Mel and Carolyn said...

Don't let you head swell too much, ALL my girls are gorgeous! (That includes you too, Michelle, of course.)

Stephanie said...

I agree. You are one hot momma!